Tuesday 29 October 2013

I remain leader of G7 – Aliyu

Governor of Niger State and Chairman, Northern States Governors Forum, Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu, has put a lie to newspaper reports that he had pulled out of the G7 and the new PDP, saying: “I remain the leader of G7.”

 Receiving the national president and other leaders of the Civil Service Union on a courtesy visit, in Minna, Aliyu said the reports were sponsored to break the ranks of the G7 governors. “This is not even the time for me or anybody in the struggle to pull out. We are still discussing with Mr. President and until he stops discussing with us or we cannot agree on anything, it’s then we start thinking of the next line of action. Pulling out is definitely not an option.
“Governor Babangida Aliyu is still a member of G7 and a leader of G7. I regard that report as anenemy’s action.
“I woke up this morning with the rude shock that because I was not at a meeting, reporters went to town, saying I had pulled out of G7. I am the leader of G7.
“I regard that write-up as an enemy’s action by people who are interested in breaking our ranks and who are trying to impute motives where there are none.
“You might have noticed when I came in that I have been coughing.
“On Sunday that we were to hold a meeting, I wasn’t feeling well, but I wanted to go; then, I got a call that Sokoto State governor had requested that because he had a programme today (Tuesday) of opening the state university and had requested that the meeting be shifted from 8 p.m to 2 p.m and I sent an apology that I was not feeling well,” Aliyu said.
Turning to the Civil Service Union leaders, the governor urged them not to be afraid to do the right thing, pointing out that “nobody can make you leave service if your time has not come.”
President of the union, Alhaji Mohammed Shuaib, said the union had always been proud of the governor who, himself, was a unionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment